Kerala, blessed with a scenic, verdant terrain is an ideal location for Destination Weddings of all types and sizes. A multitude of spectacular venues here can cater to different kinds of weddings from quiet private and family celebrations to the more elaborate festive affairs depending on personal preferences and budgets as well. However, every step of wedding planning demands attention in general, more so when in not in home territory, or far from home. We do believe your wedding planner is well versed with the nuances of arranging a destination wedding in Kerala, but you too will need to be prepared.
Here are few things to consider when organizing a wedding in Kerala.
- Location / Theme
- You sure are going to be spoilt for choice when it comes to deciding on the location/ theme for your wedding. The several beaches, backwaters, hill stations, island resorts, posh hotels, luxury houseboats or the more religious venues, themes are literally aplenty.
- Once the theme is decided, compare the different venues and facilities on offer to pick one that most appeals to you and of course meets the purpose as well.
- Kumarakom on the Vembanad Lake, Varkala, Allepey, Kovalam, Kochi, Trivandrum, and Munnar are but a handful of picturesque spots most suited for a wedding.
- Nestled between the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea, Kerala is the first port of call for the annual south-west monsoons starting June.
- Although the rainy season is interspersed with mild sunshine, think twice before planning a wedding here during the monsoons.
- It could however prove a wonderful experience if the crucial portions of the wedding ceremony is held indoors
- Welcoming Guests
- The wedding venues here are fully equipped to ensure that your guests are comfortable during their stay in Kerala.
- You can arrange for your guests to be chauffeured to the wedding venue or accommodation, or better still, opt for a cruise along the backwater in case the venue is accessible via waterways.
- Pre or post wedding group trips to wildlife sanctuaries, hill resorts, spice plantations, the several temples, or churches is a great way to make your wedding in Kerala more memorable and eventful for the guests.
- Your friends and family can also catch up with the much needed relaxation at one of health spas or Ayurvedic centres!
- Excellent connectivity, infrastructure and service providers make it possible to organize all types of weddings here.
- From venue decorators, caterers and florists to photographers, priests and wedding ministers, service providers add a professional touch to the wedding celebrations.
- Make sure you check with your wedding planner or the event manager at the venue regarding the options available.
- It is even possible for you to arrive at the venue via houseboat or on elephant-back should you opt for it.
- Traditional wedding arrangements spanning a royal welcome by an array of decorated elephants, traditional music and dance, and choicest of local and international cuisine are also arranged on request.
- Wedding Costs
- It is but natural for wedding expenses to overshoot the budget; however make sure the money is well-spent.
- And it is okay to research and compare quotes to ensure you bag a good deal.
- While here, why not consider a romantic Honeymoon tour in Kerala? The land qualifies as one of the most popular honeymoon destinations across the world. Most of the resorts along the coast have their own private beaches for guests. Cruising the backwaters on a houseboat is a great way for newly-weds to spend quality time with each other. Verdant hill stations interspersed with waterfalls and valleys also make great honeymoon destinations.
- Opt for a wedding package that includes a honeymoon trip to a local destination of your choice should you wish so.
Select a suitable venue, depending on the number of guests, the type of wedding, the theme and the other facilities you expect to avail on the special occasion of your wedding. Stay in touch with the event manager or wedding planner at the venue during the countdown to the event make sure that all arrangements are in place to host the wedding as planned and guests well taken care of. Do watch out for any public events, holidays or celebrations that can play truant!